6 ways this genius wellness subscription service is going to kick-start your healthy lifestyle
Let’s face it, as much as we might try to pretend it’s not the case, we know that the key to looking and feeling good is more than just surface level. We know that it relies on us having a healthy lifestyle too – if we drink too much alcohol, don’t eat properly and don’t exercise enough (or in the right way), it’s going to show up all over our face. Which is why we spend a small fortune on personal trainers, why we go on endless fad diets and why we try (and generally fail miserably) to keep track of our drinking. But it’s all a bit of a faff, isn’t it? So we’re bloody thrilled that wellness management system My iDDNA® has come along and made it all a lot simpler. Here’s how:
- Yes, this stuff is seriously technologically advanced, but whenever you need it there will always be a (friendly and reassuring) human to talk to at the end of the phone. So you don’t have to feel bad about frantically calling them up at 2am to ask what kind of supplements you should be taking to sleep better.
- Once you’ve chosen your lifestyle and activity preferences, My iDDNA® will learn from these and take information from your devices (whether that’s looking at how many steps you’ve walked that day, or your blood pressure and heart rate) to develop tailor-made health and fitness programmes to suit your needs. The more information this ingenious system has, the better it will get to know you and the easier it is to tailor a healthy lifestyle that actually works for you. It’s kind of like having a really great friend who knows you inside out, only better because this one will never judge you or make you feel guilty or embarrassed. Which is nice.
- Through the DNA swab that you submit when you first sign up, My iDDNA® can measure the types of nutrients you’re low on – like amino acids, for example – and let you know which specific foods you should be eating to make sure you’re getting enough of the right stuff. A nutritionist will even put together special meal plans to help reinforce your immune system, or whatever needs a bit of a boost. You’ll basically have your DNA decoded and explained in a language you can understand. It’s all about making your genes work for you, not against you.
- Once you’ve picked your food preferences in the app and it starts learning what you like to eat (and, crucially, what works for your body), it can link up to your Tesco shopping account and do your weekly food order for you. Which beats traipsing around the supermarket for three hours on a Saturday morning.
- Now this is the really clever part. Not sure whether you should be eating something? No problem: just take a picture of whatever you’re about to eat – a piece of fruit or a handful of almonds, say – and My iDDNA® will let you know its nutritional value on the spot. It’s like Google search for your body.
Read more on Tatler
Thanks for reading 🙂 If you enjoyed this article, press the social media button to share it. Would mean a lot to us and will help other people see the story.